Thursday, September 30, 2010

TODAYS' NEWS: PETTY THIEF GETS ATTACKED BY RAGING SWEDISH GIRL

I got robbed today! Yes, proper, for real robbed. You know, thief sneaking his hand into my bag taking my wallet scenario, but that's not the end of the story...

I'm still a bit shaken by the incidence that occurred today. I was browsing some socks in a store, engrossed in my own world of stripes, colours or dots. All of a sudden I felt a tug on my handbag, like someone had walked into me from the side and accidentally gotten something caught in my bag. I turned around and saw a small man in his mid 30's standing behind me, looking dumbstruck at me. Actually, he looked very surprised. So I looked down at my bag as a precaution and saw it had been opened. Me being absolutely meticulous with checking my handbag is safe and seeing this suspicious man behind me, standing awfully near to me, I connected the dots and realised what had happened. And I couldn't believe it. So I said in a very as-a-matter-of-a-fact voice:
"You just took my wallet!"
He looked so shocked and perplexed at me, like I had just caught him doing something red-handed, which I had. I quickly looked down at his hand furthest away from me and there it was, my beautiful, faux-crocodile, deep vine coloured wallet... clenched in his hand. I reached down and snatched it back from him, now clutching it hard in my own hand. I stared at him angrily and then said boomingly so everyone in the store could hear:
"He just took my wallet!"
The thief's eyes widened as I raised my voice again:
"I can't believe it. He just took my wallet!"
Obviously I must've been in shock, otherwise I wouldn't be stating the fact over and over, but it was true. I couldn't believe it. I had been roobed. The cheek of him to rob me. ME!
He started backing away as I attacked him loudly with my words once again while walking towards him:
"You just took my wallet!"
At this point he panicked, threw the clothes he held in his arms and legged it out the door, with me, the angry customer behind him shouting:
"Stop him. Stop him!"

And so it goes... he vanished onto the busy street. I turned around, walked back into the store and started shaking. Adrenalin hit me full force! I was shocked. And in disbelief. And then angry. I wanted to strangle the thief. And had he given me resistance to give my wallet back, I think I would've kickboxed the pulp out of him. But I'm fine. I have my wallet back and I have a story to tell as well as be extra thankful for life today.

Could be interesting if I see him again though... I'll keep you posted.
But for now, TOODLES!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Skönt att det slutade bra. Nu är du en erfarenhet rikare ;) Läs ROM12:17-21
/Kuz Mike

Anonymous said...

Skönt att det slutade bra. Nu är du en erfarenhet rikare;) Läs ROM12:17-21
/Kuz Mike

Linda Medina Karlsson said...

What a shocker! What a fantastic reaction, and I must say it was very well written.... You sure know how to amuse others with your traumatic experiences! Love you Hun!

Hellie said...

but didnt anyone in the store say something or react in any way???

medical equipment said...

good to see some justice for once. very nice blog thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

I would have appreciated if you had managed to break that guys neck. He does not deserve to live by my standards.