Monday, September 12, 2011

FAT LOSS TOOLS

Woke up this morning still feeling super motivated. It's like a switch has been turned on and that fire in my belly is revved up again. Dug out my Moleskine notebook and started on a fresh new page. Got weighed in this morning, both in kg and lbs as I wanted to use it to calculate my calorie expenditure and other formulas. Got my pictures taken and body fat measured on the scale. All recorded now.

Experience from a long time of dieting and ultimately losing all that weight during my journey, I have a really hard time letting go of the diet mentality. I always secretly count calories in my mind and try not to eat too many calories, however I am aware of that I am most of the time way below my calorie allowance when I am in this focused zone to lose a few pounds again, which I need to change. Coz like I wrote last night, this is a lifestyle for me and I want to be able to eat and train like this for the rest of my life. But we have to have goals in order to give ourselves a bit of a push, so my short term goal is the Fitness Festival in December, which gives me a little over 11 weeks to complete my goal of losing 10 pounds and get down to 21% body fat. So achievable!

Have calculated now that my BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) is 1421 kcal according to the Katch-McArdle formula, which means if I would be in a coma this is the total amount of kcals it would take for my body to keep repairing itself, my hairs to grow, bowel movements to work, tissues to keep reproducing, etc, so it's kind of scary that when I'm on a diet I eat about 1000-1200 kcal per day. Way too little if I want to make sure my body is not using muscle instead of fat, which in return slows my metabolism down anyway. So, on the days I'm pretty sedentary I should eat 1637 kcal and on the days I workout I should eat 2114 kcal. Now, that last number scares me, but I'm gonna trust the process this time and try a different route and maybe I can save my muscles this time when trying to lose body fat.

If you want to calculate your own BMR or goal weight calorie expenditure, go to Fat2Fit Radio Tools page.

No comments: