Sunday, September 11, 2011

I WANT TO LOOK LIKE THAT GUY

Just finished watching the documentary "I Want To Look Like That Guy" made by Stuart Macdonald about his own journey to compete in a bodybuilding competition, which overweight and only 6 months away from the date, almost seems impossible. He seeks out Jeff Willet, a Pro IFBB Bodybuilder, who becomes his mentor and trainer. The documentary is obviously for people who are into this kind of training and dieting and for me, who absolutely love and look up to people who have the determination and willpower to complete such as journey, well, it was a rare couch treat for me tonight.

The documentary is well worth watching, especially if you need some motivation to start anew or to start a healthier lifestyle at all. And let me emphasise LIFESTYLE. Unless you're going to compete in fitness or bodybuilding this might not be a training or dieting regime for you, but it's very interesting and very motivating to see Stuart's journey from start to finish, his goal to stand on that stage and be absolutely ripped and shredded. A long way from his 30% body fat he started with 6 months earlier.

I would love to follow somebody's journey from puff to buff. Maybe I will have to make that journey myself someday. Or not. Unless I would decide to compete, it's not a lifestyle for me to lead. I rather live a regular, "normal", healthy lifestyle I can maintain in the longrun without depriving myself of stuff, but that doesn't mean I admire those who choose otherwise. The much, much harder and dedicated way. Kudos to all of yous! :)

Now, go watch the documentary and I'll see you at the gym. ;-))

No comments: