Sunday, January 17, 2010

RESTING IN PEACE


REST n. Cessation of work, exertion, or activity. Peace, ease, or refreshment resulting from sleep or the cessation of an activity.
Quiet relaxation.

Yep, that's what I'm doing today... resting, getting refreshment from both sleep and cessation of activity. But also resting from certain social connections, from people who are on a different planet from myself. It's amazing to be an individual in life where you have your own choices. You can actually choose to distance yourself from people who are not on a similar level, or maturity, in self-awareness as yourself. I'm far from self-awareness perfection, that is something I will constantly be working on... And WANT to be working on. But there are people who haven't even STARTED their own journey and can't phanthom what they are missing in choosing not to travel down that road in life. But that is their choice, not mine.

"When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others."
Inner peace. That's what's important to me. Knowing and feeling true to myself. I should have nothing to prove to others. And one of the most important persons in my life should be me. I want to be proud of my own choices.

Mahatma Gandhi said: "Be the change you want to see in the world." Therefore, we have to look to ourselves first and stop blaming others for our own happiness. See criticism and feedback as a blessing from others. Ask yourself what you can learn from it instead. Because, after all, nobody can hurt you without your own permission. You might not be able to control the situation, but you can always control your own reaction.

It's your choice. It's your life.

2 comments:

Anna said...

To whom belong the gift?
Another day Buddha was walking through a village. A very angry and rude young man came up and began insulting him. "You have no right teaching others," he shouted. "You are as stupid as everyone else. You are nothing but a fake."Buddha was not upset by these insults. Instead, he asked the young man, "tell me, if you buy a gift for someone, and that person does not take it, to whom does the gift belong ?" The man was surprised to be asked such a strange question and answered, "it would belong to me because I bought the gift."Buddha smiled and said " that is correct. And it is exactly the same with your anger. If you become angry with me and I do not get insulted, then the anger falls back on you. You are then the only one who becomes unhappy, not me.

I think this story is sooo good:-) Don´t accept others worrie, anger and fear. It´s there own problem to deal with not yours.
Love xxxx

Jax said...

I love that story! And yes, it's true. If I don't accept other people's worry, anger or fear, it's not my issue, it's their own problems to deal with.
Thank you for your wise words, my dear friend!