Friday, February 12, 2010

CARDIO, CARDIO

Cardio obsession seems to be a habit strictly allowed for those doing a show in three months or for those who have a deadline to reach a certain weight. Otherwise, yes you are crazy if you do more than the norm of 45 minutes a day 5 times a week.

It’s seen as compulsive if you are as serious with your cardio regimen as with your weight training because “who the heck goes to the gym to do cardio twice a day all year long?”

But, if you want to LOOK like you can step onstage any day…. You need to TRAIN like you are gonna step onstage any day….. And if you obtain a leanness a certain way you will need to keep doing that to keep that leanness. “Now you reached your goal so now you can relax and cut down the volume in half” they say but what if YOUR body does not see that new stimulus as stimulating enough? Are you supposed to cut back when you know that will tell your body to soften up again?

People lie about how much cardio they do. Trust me, ask any super lean fitness person and they will most likely claim they do a lot less than they do. Or if you meet these people at big events, nobody says they dieted for three months to be shredded for the booth work, no, they want you to believe they look like this all the time! Without any real issues with cardio or strict food guidelines!

I don’t know where that crap is coming from…. I have no problem standing up for me doing lots of cardio even though I don’t compete. It’s for ME. It’s because I do NOT want to be out of season because it’s season for my all the time. I don’t live by some competition agenda. I don’t need shows to stay disciplined. I don’t need deadlines. I just do, execute because it’s my way of doing it.

Is too much cardio unhealthy? Sure it is! It’s oxidative stress. It can lead to constant inflammation etc. But compare the extreme fitness lifestyle to whatever other lifestyle and you will see there are “healthy ways” and “super unhealthy” lifestyles.

If you’ve read my blog for a while you should see a pattern. I practice a lot of extreme practices, but I do it as healthily as I can while doing it. I’m not about being moderate or optimal. I’m about reaching my own personal goals in life. You don’t get there by doing things half-heartedly or with “moderation”. Moderation is for you who are happy with moderate results. I happen to be one of those who are not.

Pauline Nordin from Fighter Diet blog.

No comments: