Friday, February 12, 2010

DRIFTING DAYS

Ali Vincent and her newly released book.

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail". These last few weeks has been trubulent for me. Feels like the rug has been snatched from underneath my feet and it's hard for me to stay balanced at times. This quote snatched me back to reality again. I read it in the book I'm reading right now, "Believe It, Be It" by Ali Vincent, one of the Biggest Loser winners. First female winner. The book is interesting and a feast of good tips, and the quote is from Jillian Michaels, one of Ali's trainers. And in my world, this quote fits perfectly. When I don't have order and goals and purpose in my life, I drift, and that's not what I want. Life is too short to drift along. I want to have set targets. I want to achieve goals, my own goals. I want to feel purpose. What is my purpose at the moment, is the question?

Because of my back injury it's been hard to dig in and make life useful again. I swing between days of euphoria and high energy, to days of darkness and pain. To me, its all about control. And when I can't control a situation, I try my best to at least control my response to the situation. But sometimes, it's a curve ball and it hits you in the face instead of being able to catch it like you planned. That throws me off and I'm left with a situation that frustrates me.

This weekend I plan to take good care of myself. I need this back injury to heal properly. It's dragging me down and clouding my mind in other areas of life. Taking too much space of my peripheral view. I have other things to accomplish in life. Or could it be that this accident is the little pebble that made me fall because I NEED to stop rushing through life and instead need to slow down to soak it all up and plan where I'm going? Stop running like a bull through a porselin shop? Perhaps. I suppose, it's for me to figure out...

No comments: