Tuesday, February 2, 2010

RETURN FROM BACK INJURY

Returning from a back injury is never easy, after all, you never planned to injure yourself in the first place. It's very important you get some rest, but even more important is to introduce light exercise, such as walks, into the schedule as soon as you can muster, as this will help the injury to heal quicker.

For me, pain killers are often not to prefer. I like to know if I'm still in pain and where it hurts. However, when you're in serious pain, it's hard to stand firm on that belief. Today was the first day without any pain relief pills and I must say I have been in a bit of agony. The pain has been shooting unexpectedly and randomly, which really caught me off guard all day. But I'm a stubborn person and my slow walks with Murphy is a highlight of the day. It's harder to sit down though as my back injury sits around the tail bone and lower back.

Returning to school tomorrow and the mundane task of sitting in front of the computer. Oh yes, the pain killers are coming with me! I am aiming to get back to my BodyPump and BodyCombat classes on Friday already. I can't hold off anymore. My body is NOT liking this unactive lifestyle I've had to adapt lately. And neither do I!

No comments: