Sunday, December 6, 2009

BUSY CALORIE BURNING SUNDAY


Strike a pose - Combat Guard

Busy, busy Sunday! Did get some zzz's last night so that's good. But today, I have done some heavy work with the BodyCombat routine. A few hours at home, studying and doing the choreography. Then I got to borrow one of the studios at the gym to practice the routine full out, with high kicks and forceful movements. Didn't want to almost knock the telly down in the living room again. Whoops! After an hour of kicking, punching, kneeing, shuffling and sweating at the gym studio, I joined the BodyPump class scheduled in the same room. It's a different body conditioning class than BodyCombat, so it was nice to work some muscle definition instead of cardio. But now, I'm whiped. I think it will be different once I know the whole program by heart, coz now a lot of energy is being spent on remembering the routine as well as executing it.

I was wearing my heart rate monitor today while doing all these activities... well, I forgot to press the continue button a few times, so really I burnt more than I have calculated from the watch. A total of 1300 calories burnt today! I rewarded myself with a big portion of whole wheat pasta and chicken with vegetables. Hahaha! Not really what you had in mind, huh?!

In 10 days, I will be holding my first class in BodyCombat together with gym colleague Maria. I am getting nervous! But it's going to be so much fun. If you're in the neighbourhood on Thursday 17th December at 19:00, let me know. And I will make sure to get you into the class... and of course, whoop your butt! :))

Getting ready for the workout and the gym

No comments: