Sunday, November 22, 2009

BODY COMBAT CULMINATION


The Body Combat training team

3 days of brutal beatings in the Body Combat training has finally come to an end... Really I shouldn't say finally coz it's with a bit of nostalgia I parted from this event and will actually miss the pushing to the limit, the screaming, the hard training both physically and mentally, the camraderie, the learning... Yeah, I will miss it! Although I am so sore it does feel like a cement roller has mangled me! However, I won't miss all the sweaty clothes and changing 5 times a day. :)

So, I am officially now an approved Body Combat instructor. I am psyched! Am thrilled the Group Training Manager saw this side of me and suggested BC as a good class for me to get training in and licenced. In a couple of weeks there's a full weekend of Body Pump training, and with the same trainer... I know what I have in store. She's tough!

We did this fun exercise where we had a piece of note paper taped onto our own backs, and others had to write a strength they felt you had. A few examples from my note others had written were:
  • Very energetic
  • Positive
  • Inspiring
  • So fucking funny!
  • A tough braud in a fighter package
  • Happy
  • Training Freak
  • Good at motivating
  • Spreads joy
  • Good leader

Felt such a rush of warmth going through me when reading all of these strengths. My strengths. Nobody elses. Something to remember on bad days!

Now, I think I'm gonna lie down on my Shakti Mat and relax. Rest those sore muscles. Thinking of going for a run tomorrow, but also think that it would probably be a good thing for me to rest at least ONE day. Haha! ........Nite, nite.

Our Body Combat trainer Pernilla Blomquist


One of the many exercises during the day

1 comment:

nonne said...

ÅH Pernilla. hon är duktig! =)
då ska du på kvartalen nu i december? på mässan? jag kommer vara där hela dagen och svetta runt och titta på mukslade människor. hoppas vi ses, kan ju ta en kaffe mellan varven =)KRAM