Wednesday, November 18, 2009

DID YOU KNOW...

Most of my friends have noticed that I have a love for "useless" information. I love little facts about nothing really important to others, but for me, it's just sooo exciting. So, I was thinking of doing a Did You Know series, where I will share some of my "useless" facts I encounter in my life. That way you can be just as excited as meee... Yay! :)

Did you know...
...Omega-3 , also known as Polyunsaturated fatty acids, are fats that lower your LDL (bad cholesterol).
...Omega-3 fatty acids are extremely beneficial and have been shown to reduce inflammation, heart disease, risk of heart attack and help relieve other conditions, such as diabetes.
...Best source of Omega-3 is from fish oil supplements, however other great sources are anchovies, mackerel, ocean caught salmon (not farm raised!), flaxseeds (in moderation because of toxicity once ingested in the body) and walnuts.
...Surprising sources of Omega-3 are cabbage, cauliflower, steamed broccoli and oregano!!!

No comments: